I just wanted to write down a thought that crossed my mind while playing “Wii Fit” tonight (of all things.) I thought about how if my Grandma was still in this world right now, she’d be telling me in her strong Hungarian accent, “can you believe this weather?” Although where she is now there is no pain or suffering, so it must be a comfortable temperature. That would be my question for her and my dad though: How is the weather up there in heaven? Or wherever they are now which I imagine is far more peaceful than here.
Just a few minutes (maybe seconds) after I thought of that question, the Wii Trainer read on the screen “Looking Good!” This is, I know to you reading this, a total coincidence. But to me, that small message meant a lot. My dad used to say this to my sister, my brother and I every time we went to visit him (which wasn’t very often.) The last time I saw my dad when he was conscious, he said those exact words to my brother and I.
I am a strong believer in messages. You can receive a message that you are meant to hear through the rustle of the wind outside, a song on the radio or even a random commercial that you happen to catch on TV. Sometimes you’ll never catch these messages, but when you do catch them you’ll know it was meant for your ears. Random conversations overheard, strangers having small talk with you, the ticking of a clock. There is a reason for everything that comes your way. Once you accept that, you will see.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Looking good, honey." Yep, he used to say that every time we saw him. Good call.
ReplyDeleteI like your post on synchronicities. You're right; the Universe is always speaking. The question then becomes: who listens? (You apparently do, and that's awesome.)
Thanks Gina. Looking good in Colorado I am sure.... :) Hope you're having a blast and can't wait to see ya again sooooooon.
ReplyDeleteI have those moments a lot. Like this song I saw a guy perform on cable the other day. It was "The Wicked offspring" by Myo, a Malaysian alternative rock singer.
ReplyDeleteI am not a fan of the TV channel he was on (Hitz.TV) but after channel surfing I found his performance. It was moving and heartfelt. It was just him and his guitar. And it got me thinking of learning music again...sigh