Sunday, December 5, 2010

Florida/California.....A warm place.


I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to go to Florida in 3 days. I would have dragged that "sooooooooo" even longer, but I didn't want to be too annoying.

I am just so sick of Minnesota winter, I am in over my head. The sad part of it all is that it is only December 5th. We still have FOUR more months of this total depression. I am almost positive that I have S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder.) I can't stop sleeping, eating, drinking, binging. Hmmmm, the list goes on and on.

HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE HERE THEIR WHOLE LIVES?

Could someone PLEASE explain that last question I just typed?

When you live in the United States and you have 50 states to choose from, why oh WHY choose Minnesota as a state to live in?

I do have some respect for this state: it has a good music scene, a good sports scene (if you're into that sort of rubbish), good people, good museums, good schools, and many other good things.

Did you know that California has all that and more? Such as: good WEATHER! Besides the occasional earthquake, it is much better in California. It really is. The two times that I have been to California, I have not wanted to leave.

Can anyone give me a good reason NOT to go to California?

I would miss my family and friends, yes, but they could come visit me in sunny California! And I could take many trips back to Minnesota. I could come back at Christmas time and say "ohhhh, this is so nice having Christmas in the genuine way, with snow and ice and everything nice." And then I'd leave a couple days later telling everyone " Okay, now enjoy that snow and ice for the next four months......feel free to come to Cali soon!"

I am happy to have a safe community to live in, I am blessed really. I just have an eternal longing for the west coast. It Must come from all of my ancestors that ventured that way, huh? Maybe not, but that excuse is good enough for me.

If I am going mental by January, I am so out of here.

No regrets.

6 comments:

  1. I think you should try living elsewhere, for sure! It's good life experience.

    In my own travels, I learned that if you're not happy inside, it doesn't matter how nice the weather is outside. Happiness is a state of mind, not a state of the Union. ;-P

    See for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Warm Place"....NIN song?

    Anyway i agree...you have to find happiness inside, but some travelling can help you.
    I'd rather do more short and different travels than change the place i live and get stuck again in another place.
    My opinion :)

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good points to both of you! Thanks for the input.

    Matteo-- A Warm Place is a NIN song, a very peaceful NIN song. :)

    I suppose moving to a whole new place can seem as if I'm just running away from some issues I just need to settle from within myself.

    I do LOVE traveling and while I'm going through this power struggle of whether or not I want to move to a different state, I'm going to at least get all the traveling in that I can.

    I'm going to Europe in April, that should be a huge life experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, i know the song.
    Did you hear the Stella Soleil Remix of it?
    It's beautiful.

    PS: If you come to Europe you MUST go to Italy and France.
    There's nothing better.
    :-)

    Bye|

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't heard that NIN mix, I will check it out for sure.

    On this first visit to Europe I will be going to Budapest, Krakow and Prague. France and Italy are definitely on my list though! They look absolutely stunning. My family is from Budapest, so that was my first priority in Europe.

    ReplyDelete